Off Leash Classes teaches you the skills to train your dog to come when called when not on a leash. Your dog will learn reliable recall with the 3-D’s. (Distance, Duration, and Distractions).
Classes are located at various NW off leash areas. Through fun games, your dog will learn to focus on you, and then willingly and happily come back to you when called. You’ll teach your dog to ignore distractions such as other dog’s balls, frisbees, bunnies, bikes, strollers, etc.
You’ll be able to use reliable recall when in an off leash area, or when your dog has unexpectedly run out of the house.
You’ll use Positive Reinforcement Training so you reward the behaviour you want, rather than correcting the behaviours you don’t want. Our methods are force-free, fear-free, pain-free. We do not use training that involves mental or psychological intimidation like adverse/corrective training.
- Dogs must have all updated round of vaccinations
- Puppy should have completed Puppy Training Classes before hand
- Must be friendly with other dogs and people.
- If you puppy demonstrates reactive behaviour such as barking, lunging, growling, and biting when close to other dogs and/or people, a class setting will be too overwhelming for him.
- We recommend you register for our 6 week, Reactive Dog Recovery Program at Raising Canine, and/or, Private Sessions, which are conducted in the security of your own home.
- Please feel free to call us at 403 984 3644 for more details regarding these options.
Please read our Waiver before you register for this event.
Classes are held at our Crowfoot NW Calgary location.
Cost: $285 + gst
This class is fully booked.