Date(s) - May 26, 2022 - June 30, 2022
6:15 pm - 7:15 pm
If you’re looking to improve communication with your puppy, rescue, or adult dog regarding basic behaviours, this Intermediate Dog Training set of classes will address that. You’ll learn to improve your own skills to smoothly teach your pup or dog, calm behaviour, when with you and your family. So, whether you’re relaxing at home or outside for walk, you and your dog will learn to live calmly together.
As a result, your dog will improve on the following behaviours in this Intermediate Dog Training:
- Come when called
- Leash pressure game
- Loose leash walking
- Leash fee walking
- To your place
- Polite leash greetings
- No jumping on people
- No bolting out doors
- Default settle
You’ll feel more competent when with your dog because, this intermediate training creates a stronger bond between the both of you. And you’ll also gain insight regarding how your dog thinks and feels. Therefore, you’ll understand how your dog chooses wanted or unwanted behaviours. This way, he wants to respond to your requests willingly.
Therefore, you’ll learn to be more confident to help him remain calm and settled in all different situations.
The method we use at Raising Canine is Positive Reinforcement Training. You’ll be happy to use techniques because they are humane and safe for your dog. We do not use training methods that involve mental and physical intimidation. You will use methods that are force-free, fear-free, and pain-free. These scientific methods are also evidence based.
You will be shown fun games and interesting ways to entice your dog to want to learn.
You’re encouraged to bring the entire family as this will provide your dog with consistent learning from everyone involved.
- Dogs must be over 6 months old
- Must have at least 3rd round of vaccinations for puppies, and updated vaccination for adult dogs
- Must be friendly with other dogs and people.
- If your dog demonstrates reactive behaviour such as barking, lunging, growling, and biting when close to other dogs and/or people, a class setting will be too overwhelming for him.
- We recommend you register for our 6 week, Reactive Dog Recovery Program at Raising Canine, and/or, Private Sessions, which are conducted in the security of your own home.
- Please feel free to call us at 403 984 3644 for more details regarding these options.
Please read our Waiver before you register for this event.
Classes are held at our Crowfoot NW Calgary location
Cost: $285 + gst