Raising Canine’s Reactive Dog Recovery Program teaches humans how to help their dogs live calmly when they feel anxious, stressed, fearful, hyper-excited, and over-aroused. Dogs with these behaviours can demonstrate excessive barking, lunging, whining, growling, nipping, biting, when they see other dogs, people, or things. This can happen on or off leash.
It can be frustrating and embarrassing for us when our dog does this. Just as importantly, it is also very emotionally daunting for them.
This program provides as safe, controlled environment where dogs and their guardians learn techniques and skills that enable the dogs to feel secure, safe, and calm.
Our Program is a six week course that is designed to provide you with:
- Information and knowledge to help you better understand why your dog displays reactive behaviour and how you can make her think and feel safe at all times
- Training techniques you will need to teach your dog calm behaviour. (Positive Reinforcement Training, Desensitization and Counter Conditioning, Relaxation Protocols, Enrichment Learning, and Fun Focus Games).
- Classroom instruction and hands-on learning. You and your dog will be safe in your own training area, that is covered by barriers from the other dogs and people, who are also in their own covered training areas.
- A training/treatment plan after each class, that is easy to follow at home (inside and outside) and can fit into your busy schedule.
- An overall training toolbox (the collective information and learned techniques you will be taught over the 6 week program) that you will need to continue to guide your dog with her reactive recovery, going forward!
Classes are held once a week for 6 weeks at Raising Canine’s Calgary NW location.
Class size is kept small (2 – 3 dogs) so you and your dog feel safe while learning.
To register for classes:
- Please click on the upcoming class below that best fits your schedule.
- Complete and submit the Class Registration Form and make payment. Please click the box that you agree with the e-waiver form.
- Once we have received your registration form, you will receive a confirmation/information e-mail.
- Then please e-mail a photo from your cell phone, or ask your vet to email, your dog’s updated vaccination records to email@example.com
Price: $425 +GST.
A $50.00 admin fee will be retained for cancelled registrations. Class purchases are non-refundable once classes have commenced.
Only persons aged 16 or older may attend.