Our Puppy Training Classes:
We use Positive Reinforcement Training. We teach you how to create a safe environment for your puppy, so you can both live calmly and happily together.
You’ll develop a better understanding and appreciation for how your puppy thinks, feels, and chooses certain behaviours.
You’ll learn to teach your puppy basic foundation behaviours which will create the ground work for the Intermediate Dog Training Classes.
Classes are 1 hour long, held once a week for 6 weeks at Raising Canine’s Calgary NW location.
All family members are encouraged to attend.
What You and Your Puppy Will Learn:
- Come when called
- Loose leash walking
- Leave it
- Preventing of jumping up
- Default settle
- Puppy play
- Puppy socialization
- Puppy nap times
- Enrichment games
- Potty training
- Crate/playpen training
- Bite inhibition (no frantic biting)
Classes are kept small (4 – 6 dogs) to prevent over-crowding and to ensure optimum learning.
Requirements to Attend:
- Must be under 6 months old
- Must have at least 2nd round of vaccinations, usually at 11 – 12 weeks old
- Must not show reactive behaviour toward other dogs or people
Puppy Training Classes ARE NOT for pups that are already demonstrating reactive behaviour (excessive barking, lunging, growling when near other dogs and/or people).
If you do register your reactive puppy for Puppy Training Classes, and then she demonstrates reactive behaviour in class, for the sake of your pup’s emotional well-being, you will be asked to take your puppy home where she feels safe and is no longer in a situation where she is “practicing” reactive behaviour.
As we care about your puppy’s mental health, we want to help you with your puppy’s reactive behaviour, so we will then offer you to attend the Reactive Dog Recovery Program and/or Private Dog Training by transferring the funds you paid for Puppy Training Classes, minus any puppy classes you did attend.
Should you make the decision not to attend RDRP or PS, we will then refund you the amount paid, minus $50 cancellation fee and any puppy classes you did attend.
To Register for Classes:
- Please click on the upcoming class below that best fits your schedule.
- Complete and submit the Class Registration Form and make payment. Please click the box that you agree with the e-waiver form.
- Once we have received your registration form, you will receive a confirmation/information e-mail.
- Then please take a photo, from your cell phone, of your dog’s updated vaccination records, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.