Puppy Training Classes:
In our Puppy Training Classes, we use Positive Reinforcement Training. Also, we will teach you how to create a safe environment for your puppy, so you can both live calmly and happily together.
You’ll develop a better understanding of your puppy’s mind. As a result, you’ll learn how your pup thinks, feels, and chooses certain behaviours.
Learning to teach your puppy basic foundation behaviours, will therefore, create the ground work for the Intermediate Dog Training Classes.
Classes are 1 hour long and held once a week for 6 weeks at Raising Canine’s Calgary NW location.
All family members are encouraged to attend!
What You and Your Puppy Will Learn:
- Come when called
- Loose leash walking
- Leave it
- Preventing of jumping up
- Default settle
- Proper play
- Puppy nap times
- Enrichment games
- Potty training
- Crate/playpen training
- Bite inhibition (no frantic biting)
Classes are kept small (4 – 6 dogs), therefore, prevents over-crowding and ensures optimum learning.
Requirements to Attend:
- Puppies must be under 6 months old
- Requires at least 2nd round of vaccinations, usually at 10 – 12 weeks old
- Must not show reactive behaviour toward other dogs or people
These classes ARE NOT for pups that are already demonstrating reactive behaviour such as, excessive barking, lunging, and growling. Therefore, should your puppy demonstrate reactive behaviour in class, you will then be asked to take your puppy home.
She will then feel safe and consequently, will no longer be in a situation where she is ‘practicing’ reactive behaviour.
Furthermore, we care about your puppy’s mental health, thus we want to help you with her reactive behaviour. For this reason, We will offer you to attend the Reactive Dog Recovery Program and/or Private Dog Training.
To Register for Classes:
- First, please click on the upcoming class below that best fits your schedule.
- Next, complete and submit the Class Registration Form and make payment. Please click the box that you agree with the e-waiver form.
- Hence, when we are in receipt of your registration form, you will then receive a confirmation/information e-mail.
- Finally, please take a photo, from your cell phone, of your dog’s updated vaccination records, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.