Class size is kept small ( 4 – 8 dogs) to ensure optimum learning. Class time frame is 45 mins, once a week, for 5 weeks at 5 different Calgary NW dog parks.
For the duration of this 6 week course, you’ll be provided with a 20′ leash to use even when your are practicing at home. Dogs will be assessed on the last class if it is safe for them to remove the leash.
You’ll learn how to teach your dog to come when called with the many off leash distractions such as:
- Other dogs
- Bunnies and coyotes
- People, strollers, and bikes
- Other dogs’ ball or frisbee
You will learn that dogs want to come back willingly when they are encouraged with positive reinforcement, rather than correction based techniques.
You will also learn:
- The etiquette, rules, and dangers of off leash parks
- How to stop your dog from a distance if they are running back to you while in harm’s way, such as a busy road
- The convenience of off leash heel
If you have a dog with reactive behaviour, (excessive barking, lunging, growling when near other dogs and/or people), our off leash classes will be too difficult for your dog to manage. We care about your dog’s mental health, so we recommend our Reactive Dog Recovery Program and/or Private Dog Training sessions to help both you and your dog with this.
To register for classes:
- Please click the class you would like to register for below
- Complete and submit the Class Registration Form and make payment. Please click the box that you agree with the e-waiver form.
- Once we have received your registration form, you will receive a confirmation/information e-mail.
- Then please scan to e-mail, or e-mail a photo from your cell phone, your dog’s updated vaccination records to firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $290 +GST. A $50.00 admin fee will be retained for cancelled registrations. Class purchases are non-refundable once classes have commenced.
All family members are encouraged to attend.